Are you looking for a residential roofing company? It’s important to choose a roofing company that understand all aspects of the roofing industry. Below is a list of helpful tips to assist you in choosing the right roofing company in Nevada and getting the best service possible.
According to an almanac.com, “Tips for Choosing the Right Roofing Company”
- “Learn what you can from each person who looks at your roof, and ask questions. Take time to make an informed decision. Pay careful attention to what each roofer recommends.
- Don’t jump at the lowest bidder. If all bids for your roof are within 20 percent of each other, the low bid might be okay. Compare what each roofer is offering, and watch out for hidden costs or extras.
- Make certain the company is properly registered and insured. Ask the roofer for his contractor’s registration number, which means he has legal credentials to operate in your state.
- Do not consider anything but a proposal in writing. Ask the roofer if he has given you an estimate or a bid. An estimate is the roofer’s best guess on what a job will cost. It is given when much of the work that needs to be done is unable to be seen or measured. A bid is a fixed amount of money to do the job, an agreement that the job will be done for an agreed-upon price.
- Ask when payment is due. Some roofers want a percentage up front, before they begin the job. Others request the full amount to be paid within ten to 30 days after completion.
- Find out when the job will begin and end. Ask what you can do to get ready. Will the roofer clean up when he’s finished? How? (If clean-up is not included in the contract, ask to add it in, a contingency of payment.)
- If you’re replacing a roof, ask the roofer how many layers are already up there. (He can usually tell easily by making a small cut.) Will he remove the existing old material? After three layers the roofer should strip the roof, check for rot in the wood below, insulate and then reroof. A good roofer isn’t afraid to do this.” To read the entire article click here.
For all your roofing needs, Scott Roofing in Reno provides roofing services to residential and commercial property in Reno, NV. For more information, contact Scott Roofing at 775-331-5090 or visit scottroofingllc.com.